BCRC offers a range of options that suit our teens' needs, from regular Confirmation and Post-Confirmation classes, to varied weekend events and study trips. We are a member of NFTY - the National Federation of Temple Youth - and our teens participate in events planned by our NFTY-MAR region such as JELLO, MAGYC and The Vent. In addition, we aim to motivate and encourage teen initiative so that teens become a part of the planning process for themselves and their peers.
Students in grades 9-12 also are welcome to get involved in our Religious School classrooms as Madrichim (assistant teachers). Students will earn community service credit as well as receive valuable leadership training as they take their place as role models for our younger members.
Social Action: Commitment to Tikkun Olam (repairing the world), is a component of the youth group experience. Through community service, we are committed to learning, caring and making a difference in the world.
Leadership Development: In order to create the Reform Jewish leadership of tomorrow, we engage in social and community projects with adult mentors. However, we strongly encourage our children to take an active role in planning their events.
Jewish Community: We strive to create a Jewish community in which our youth feel a sense of belonging, friendship, and purpose.
Personal Growth: Through a Jewish community, adult Reform Jewish mentors, leadership development, and social action, we aim to provide Reform Jewish youth with the ethical tools to make sound decisions in their day-to-day lives.
• November 25th (Sun eve) – CHAVTY Board Meeting
• December 8-9 (Sat eve-Sun morn) – CHAVTY lock-in and White Elephant gift exchange
• February 24th (Sun) – BCRC Purim Carnival (with Community Events)
• April 6th (Saturday) - Joint Youth Group Activity with Congregation Sha'are Shalom (with Junior CHAVTY)
• April 21st (Sun) – EarthDay Loudoun volunteering
• May 4th (Sat) – CHAVTY craft-making workshop
• May 12th (Sun – Mothers' Day) – CHAVTY craft and flower sale