Join Us! The Benefits of Membership.
Please visit us as many times and take as long as you'd like to get to know our community before deciding whether it is for you. We welcome visitors at services, classes, meals and most synagogue events.
We encourage you, however, to “jump in the water” and become a member of Beth Chaverim Reform Congregation. As a member, you can count on this community for support in times of joy and sorrow, and you can find yourself becoming one of the people who welcomes other newcomers into the community. Members are invited to join synagogue committees and help shape our programs and our community. You can take pride that you will be supporting a community that reflects your values and ideals.
The following benefits are available to you in most categories of temple membership:
- High Holy Day Tickets
- Religious School Education*
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Education and Celebration*
- Confirmation and Post-Confirmation Classes*
- Youth Groups
- Adult Learning Programs
- Clergy at Life Cycle Events (wedding and commitment ceremonies, baby namings, funerals)
- Pastoral Counseling
- Caring in Times of Need
- Our Monthly Newsletter and Other Mailings
- Preferred Rates for Facilities Rentals
- Membership in Brotherhood, Sisterhood and chavurahs
* Additional Tuition Applies (see Religious School).
2015-16 Membership Categories and Requested Financial Commitment (does not include religious school tuition or b'nai mitzvah fees, see link above)
Dues (Please note that the previous $300/year special assessment has been rolled into dues this year.).
Dual Parent Family: Open to families with two adult spouses or partners, with all membership privileges. Includes dependent children through age 25. ($2190)*
Single Parent Family: Open to families with a single parent, with all membership privileges ($1812)*
Young Family: Open to families (single or dual parent) whose oldest child is under 1st grade, with all membership privileges (half rate of applicable category).
Couples: Open to adult couples without children to all membership privileges except religious school enrollment ($2064)*
Individual: Open to adult individuals without partners/spouses or children, with all membership privileges except religious school enrollment. ($1749)*
Senior: Open to singles and couples over 70 years old, with all membership privileges except religious school enrollment. ($1088)*
Young Adult: Open to single young adults from 18-24 years old, with all membership privileges except religious school enrollment. ($804)
Affiliate: Open to singles and couples who are members in good standing at another URJ synagogue. Affiliated members pay “member” rates to all functions and may serve on committees, but do not have voting privileges or religious school enrollment privileges. Includes two High Holiday tickets. Please provide a letter from your primary congregation now and with annual renewal. ($720).
- Day Care Member: Open to families of students of our on-site preschool. Day Care Members are entitled to receive communications from the Congregation, special rates for Congregational activities; and may participate in all religious services (discounted rates offered for High Holiday tickets).Rates are included in your tuition. For more information, please see www.mkuashburn.com.
*Building Fund: Membership Categories that require a total commitment to the Building Fund of $7,500, billed over ten years in annual installments of $750.
Please talk to our Dues Adjustment Committee if the requested financial committment is beyond your reach at this time. A Dues Adjustment request may be obtained by emailing DAC@bcrcva.org.
We offer significant dues credits for teaching Sunday School! To inquire about open positions, please contact our VP of Education, email@example.com.